Lolo wahine
Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 6:45 PM

Lolo wahine = Crazy woman (Hawaiian translation).

Who wants to spend the holidays with family hunching over a crackling fire while a blizzard blows outside? Huh?

sniff of sad frustration

A couple of friends and I are hoping to go to Hawaii over the holidays. We want to see the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (the State's fish--otherwise known as the trigger fish), go to a luau, take a helicopter ride, snorkel, take a hike through a rain forest, sit on the beach and taste a Hawaiian Mai Tai. Or two.

Are there bugs in the rain forest? Big spiders? Beetles? Scorpions? For God's sake, don't spare me. I have to know.

But we're confused about which island we should visit. From what I understand, Oahu is the "happening" place with like 90% of the all the island's population. We're also considering the volcanic--and hopefully the most under-commercialized island--of Hawaii, but I didn't see any sandy beaches, just rocky coasts.

And then there's Maui--the Noi Ka Oi—which means Maui’s the best. It has the famous Hana Highway (not sure why it's a famous yet), and the north side of the island gets a lot of rain, and that means waterfalls. According to what I've read. I don't know; I've never been there. I don't know if Maui, Hawaii or Oahu is our best bet.

And that's our quandary.

Has anyone reading ever been to one of the islands? If so, out of the three I've shared here (fuh cripe's sake, don't mention the other three), which one would you recommend and why? You don't have to do an essay or go into depth about your reasons. Just something like: oh, I've been there, and you gotta go see oomph.

Or Maui seems like the place you want to go.

Or The Big island is where you need to go if you're into helicopter rides and hikes. Stuff like that.

Don't be shy. Spill.

Jodi?

_________________________________________________________
(Jodi Henley, who used to live in Hawaii--has a romantic suspense novel titled Hot Contract coming out this Friday. If you're into Romantic Suspense stories, let me know in the comments section so I can properly naggith you to get her book.)

5 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .