Playing telephone: Say what?!
Monday, March 03, 2008, 7:58 PM
Alice says: Let’s play Telephone!
"Did you ever play the game Telephone when you were a kid? It’s sometimes called Rumor or Gossip. You sit in a circle, the bigger the better.
The ring leader will tell a “secret” to one person. That person turns to the person on their left and whispers it. Each person hears the “secret” on one side and tells it on the other until it goes all the way around the circle. The last person says out loud what they were told, then the ring leader says what everyone started with. Most of the time it isn’t the same thing, and can be quite funny.
Using the power of the Internet, let’s give it a try.
I’m going to write a paragraph. Your job is to make a change. It can be as little as one word or as big as twenty words. You can change names, plot and setting, but don’t change it so much that we can’t tell how it relates to what (Alice) started with. Post your paragraph on your blog with a link to Alice's post. She will link back to you. Then, pick three people to whom you will “whisper” your modified version. Let them know they are up next. Link to them and to the person who passed it to you (me)."
Here is my paragraph for the three (five) people I'm going to tag:
Jacques and Jill went up Boot Hill to test their fears. Jacques fell down and hit his crown, and a couple of owls took offense. Jill was drunk but managed to roll off the hill without bruising anything, but her part doesn’t count. If she hadn’t already lost her virginity to Jacques, she would never have gone to a cemetery with him to begin with.
I’m whispering to Cyn, Ian, and Debbie. (Angela, Becca, you want to try?) You can still play this game even if I didn’t tag you--those I chose are who I think are the most likely to try--but anyone can play if you follow the rules.
Come back in a month and see what happened to our little rumor.
The rules for this meme:
2 Did the Unhingey Jiggy
Engage in Unhingenosity
- Change something in the paragraph you received; a minimum of 1 word, a maximum of 20 words.
- Link to the post at http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/alice-calling/ and leave a comment so we can keep track of what happens to the paragraph. Alice will link back to you.
- Link to the person who tagged you, preferably to where ever they posted their version of the paragraph.
- Tag three people you think might enjoy this game. Let them know they’ve been tagged. Link to them.
- Include these rules in your post.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .