2,996
Sunday, August 20, 2006, 11:49 AM


There's less than a month left before the fifth year anniversary of 9/11.

I can't believe it. Has it really been almost five years? It seems like just yesterday, or like just last night when I fell asleep hearing Lee Greenwood's song in my head and relived the images I'd seen on the news, in my dreams.

Yes, the fifth year anniversary is upon us. And as I wrote back in June, I'm going to remember what happened that day by being one of 2,996 bloggers who will remember the life of one of those who were lost. It's a collaborative effort that D.C. Roe calls 2,996 and he's asking bloggers to participate by writing about one of the 2,996 people lost that day. I imagine there will be lots written about what happened that day, and D.C. Roe is hoping that wherever we navigate through the Internet on September 11th, we'll see these tributes, or links to the tributes.

If you're a blogger, I urge you to sign up. There are still approximately 990 people left to remember. This is a worthy project to be a part of. D.C. Roe makes it easy for you by providing links to information about the person you write about. You don't have to be a star writer ... just someone with a blog space who wants to remember one person who was lost that day. Want to see how it's done? Check out Chez Diva.

And then sign up to be a part of 2,996.

1 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .