Apartment story
Sunday, July 01, 2007, 3:09 AM

There are some bee-yoo-tee-ful homes along my street here. One of them is a historical monument of sorts, I can't remember the name. I'll take my notebook the next time and write it down. There's a park, too, just before you get to Santa Monica Boulevard, but there are always so many people there that it doesn't feel like I'm at one with nature. Well, I don't think I've ever felt that close to nature, but I wouldn't mind hearing the birds, bees and wind instead of voices and car doors.

It's three a.m. right now and you know what? Someone is doing laundry and the guy who lives next door just got home with a bunch of groceries. There were bags and bags and he had to leave most of them out in the hallway, so he went in and out of his apartment four or so times.

I'm considering staying up for the rest of the [new] day. I've never made it through an entire 24 hours without having to sleep. There are stories that if you do, you'll have hallucinogenic epiphanies. I don't know if I'm going to make it, but I'll try because I don't have to get up early tomorrow or be anywhere. The experience might make my forture some day. God knows I can't count on beating the California lottery odds; there's more people playing than bacteria on an avacado that's just been sliced open.

11:30 a.m. Update
I didn't make it. Around five, I found Confucius standing in my shower. "Only time will tell," he said and burst into a spray of water. That's when I decided hallucinogenic epiphanies must be better experienced with a mushroom and a friend.

2 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .