Interview Meme
Sunday, April 22, 2007, 5:56 PM

These are questions Stacey of Everyone Loves An Underdog asked of me. She showed no quarter, and so neither have I in the answering. It's the Interview Meme.

1. People in L.A. always seem to have star sighting stories. What celebrity do you wish you'd run into?

Run into as in the literal sense? Keanu Reeves, as long as he isn't smoking a cigarette at the time. We'd bump into each other chest-first and I'd fall to the ground at his feet because I have no sense of balance ... and his fingers would be warm around my wrist as he pulls me up ... God knows what I'd say to him, but I'd blog about every hoaky, embarrassing moment.

But you know what? I think it'd be cool to meet someone who I had no idea was a celeb. Not until later. Thinking about it is romantic for me on so many levels.

2. If you had the power to go back in time and change one thing about your life, what would you do differently?

There are a number of things I would do differently, but probably the best, most important thing I could change for myself happened before I was truly aware of who I was. I can't remember the moment I first began comparing myself to my sister and feeling that I fell short, but if I'd never done that, never felt the ickiness, I would have learned to like who I am a lot sooner.

3. What's the weirdest comment/email you've ever gotten in response to your blog?

For the most part, I don't get too many weird comments or emails because I know most of the people who comment here or who send me email. I've met some wonderful and fun people who have found me via my blog, who I'd never have met otherwise. A sincere email saying hi, howdy, hello, I'm a fan beats weird any day.

But since you asked, I did get frankenspamed on my Pain in the butt advertising entry about Brad-freaking-Lenz and how I kept seeing signs around L.A. asking me who he was--and how I didn't care, but the signs wouldn't let me stop caring--and so I blogged about it. A number of anonymous comments followed in response to the entry and the mirror was definitely too big for all of them, but the comment that made me do my monkey bark laugh was this one:

awww whos the bitter betty? carol niki? Im sure you are one of the characters written about in the film.

Little did I know that this mini vent would bring the teenagers on a rampage to my burp of the 'hood, but that's often how it is. It's a crapshoot knowing which entires might strike a chord with readers, good or bad, but it's always interesting.

4. What's the title of your future best-selling novel?

I'm a fan of one word titles, of short-word titles. All of the story titles I've ever given my stories are short.

Rude Awakening

Death By Moonlight

Angel Feathers

Macestaken Identity

Nobility

Footsteps

It'll be evocatively succint.

5. Many friends and acquaintances come and go throughout our lives. When these people think of you, what do you think they remember about you? (Bonus question: How would you like to be remembered?)

That I'm fun, have a good heart, that I'm incredibly brave, weird, crazy, willing to try almost anything. That I'm intelligent, capable, independent, creative, have a great sense of style. That I'm quiet, but not. That I'm nice, but not. That I take them by surprise. That I'm real, and always more than who I seem.

I'd just like to be remembered, period.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

DIRECTIONS FOR THE INTERVIEW MEME

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions (or share here in the Comments section).
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


6 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .