Writing about not writing
Monday, July 09, 2007, 6:06 PM

Most of my life has been spent talking about writing instead of actually writing. Well, I've done a lot of writing, but I bet if I added up the Xs and the Os, there'd be more talking about the writing. Er, writing about not writing.

I don't know why this is; I know I'm durn good at it. (Writing, not talking.) So I've decided to try and help myself. Heal thyself, slow to non-writer. In between thinking about writing, talking about writing, dreaming about how I should be writing, writing about not writing, and in actually working on my writing (the work in progress), I will be writing my own 12-step program.

I'm going to call it Rewriting Procrippledicts Anonymous (RPCA). Its aim will be to help rewriting pros/cripples/addicts (me, in particular) get past the desire to edit work to death, and just frigging write the damn story already. Except, hm. I need a better mission statement.

4 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .