Dear Anonymous
Saturday, November 03, 2007, 3:55 PM

I'm having trouble getting past my internal editor. I can do it here and there, but then something reminds me I'm writing and I find myself in my chair in front of the computer screen again, gnashing my teeth over this deadly dreck I'm barely cranking out. It's getting me down a little bit, but I keep reminding myself that this writing onward in spite of my doubts will teach me to-

Just.

Keep.

Writing.

Really, that's all I care about. I need to learn this lesson badly. It's not about writing something publishable, although I wouldn't mind if that happened. Of course, living and walking here in L.A., I have a much better chance of getting hit by an expensive, dark colored sedan.

I'm up to 866 words, but that's because I've been editing. I know this. I know I'm cheating myself. Thankfully, the day isn't over yet.

Today's snippet:

...Now they knew he had betrayed her.

Shaine ached at the thought of it. She felt again like the girl in Mr. Casey's arithmetic class, disliked and judged on sight because she was new, different and good at multiplication. A boy had lured her into the locker room and when she'd refused to let him kiss her on the mouth, had beaten her. The girls didn't like her because she was too pretty, and the boys thought her a snob.

More than one painful lesson had taught her people rarely wanted to be proven wrong, but worse than that, she learned that she lacked the confidence to make a stand. She'd grown up lonely, distrustful of people, and trying not to cling to her much more outgoing brother. Eric's was the only real relationship she'd ever had, and that these strangers could make her doubt him and his actions suggested a bond had never existed.

Well, time to get back to it.

Dang, just a wee helping of Stephen King's prolificacy would be hot damn!

6 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .