Not yet
Monday, October 29, 2007, 1:53 PM

I bought my power supply thing over the weekend, but my computer is still at work waiting to be fed the new power supply thing. I wonder if it's going to work. And then I worry if it doesn't, and it makes my pulse do the funky chicken.

Why did the power have to blow so close to NaNoWriMo? Why did the power supply die? Why couldn't I have had a surge protector? Dang.

Why ask why? I'll take a Bud Dry.

I am wrung out emotionally. For personal reasons, I haven't even attempted NaNoWriMo in the last few years. But I decided to go for it this year, and I was so gung ho on giving myself every advantage--because I'm going to need everything and more--that I was up and down cleaning my place like a drunken gnat last weekend. I was in the zone. Raring to go. Sleeping, breathing, and dreaming about the craptastic novel I'm going to write.

But then the power blew for a few hours and the drunken gnat inside me morphed into a potato bug. You know, those bugs that curl up into balls at the first hint of trouble.

Pote, I don't want to handwrite the thing if it turns out there's something more wrong with my computer than the power supply. I handwrote a couple of months ago and it killed my hand, arm, back and neck. I won't be able to keep up with that kind of physical routine. It's got to be the computer (who I've named Fred, in case it matters).

I think I'll name the power surge protector Ethel.

2 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .