Strike a match
Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 6:23 PM

So I'm not doing so well at putting up an entry every frigging day. I have no excuse. I'd spank myself, but I'd just get mad and resentful.

When I was a bad girl--usually egged on by my badder sister--and Oogie had to resort to spanking, she'd say, "Go to your room. Pull your pants down. Bend over the bed."

She didn't say it nicely, either. She said it in her iggly-wiggly witch's voice, which made it worse. I'd have had a much easier time of it if she'd said: "Now, honey, I want you to go to your bedroom and think about the spanking you deserve."

But she never did. She wasn't one for honey-ing us when we were bad. "Pull your pants down and bend over the bed right now."

She might as well have said eat that spider's web in the corner because that would've created the same kill me now feeling that filled my stomach and made me want to barf and fart at the same time. It is far easier to just get spanked than to have to pull your pants down, lean across your bed, and wait to be spanked. That part of it was awful-powerful enough that I still remember those feelings:

The creepy feeling that raced up my back to my neck;

The ghostly itch of an anticipated spank (which kind of tickled);

The indignation of having to hang out there with a bare butt.

Dum-de-dum-de-dum.

Staring at my Peter Pan bed sheets took on an entire. New. Meaning.

I don't know if Oogie was aware at the time of this kind of manipulative, ego-robbing, embarrassing punishment. The unhinged giggler in me wants to think that she just hated the idea of having to spank me, and so she needed extra time to work up to the spankage. I have such fun imagining the look on her face when she was in the other room--breathing, trying to get a grip on her emotions, telling herself she wasn't an abuser because she was going to lay hand to my bare butt. Good stuff, that.

But somehow I doubt it, because I--no, we (Rhonda, Tracy, Jenny and me) really shouldn't have started that fire. Geesh, we were just trying to revive some of the Fourth of July fireworks.

1 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .