Novel: Inevitable
Sunday, October 14, 2007, 4:07 PM

I'm crazy. I admit it. I spent a good part of my day yesterday designing a banner for my work-in-progress. The hardest part was coming up with a one-sentence blurb. There were five ideas I wanted to pack into that one sentence, but no matter how I rearranged the words and subjects, it was too much.

Meanwhile, my story outline was bouncing around in my head like one of those itty-bitty rubber balls that are so damn hard to catch. There are a few plot issues I have no idea how to present realistically, let alone resolve, so I've unconsciously been mulling my way through what seems to be insurmountable. And now I think I've found a simpler solution, although it feels like I'm giving in.

But I'm running full steam ahead with it anyway. Who knows what's going to really happen? Not me. Not until the writing of it.






Title: Inevitable

Genre: Romantic Suspense
But if I had my choice, I'd create a new genre called Rospionagith (romance + espionage + thriller)

Estimated Word Count: 100,000 (but I'm aiming to write the whole thing in 50,000 words this November)

Blurb: Shaine is the gifted clay sculptor and painter of the Death by Moonlight series, based on the demons of a painful past she has unwittingly allowed to define her existence. Known only as M. Dagget, Shaine avoids contact with the outside world by adopting personality and costume disguises. Unfortunately, she has a brother who decides his life is worth more than hers when he betrays her to a private organization whose objective is to assassinate its biggest contributor. The organization's best operative, Daren, is assigned to break through Shaine’s personal and sexual boundaries in order to turn her into an assassin.

Sickened and terrified to the core by what the organization wants of her, and by her growing feelings for Daren, Shaine agrees to their terms: kill or die.


7 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .