All he wants
Sunday, December 21, 2008, 3:41 PM



One of the funniest holiday memories I have is of the time I told Oogie that my ex-hubby wanted a hingeless screwdriver.

This is funny on a lot of levels, the first being that my ex never-never, never fricken ever, wanted presents. Oogie, my Mommy Dearest, is all about (un-subconsciously) vanquishing Scrooges and my ex was a prime specimen. (Okay, not that my ex was a Scrooge, he just thought if we're going to bankrupt ourselves during Christmas, we ought to do it over the kids who still believe in the idea of Santa...because otherwise, anyone "expecting" a present, or the idea of anyone "feeling they had to offer a gift" just made him growl. Spirit of Christmas and all...)

So anyway, I saw an infomerical on TV on what I thought would be a great gift idea for Oogie to get the ex. To this day, I have no idea what it was, but I thought it was a hingeless screwdriver. Something that came with an extension cord, that could be charged and used free-of-cord.

It wasn't until after Christmas that Oogie shared her woes of trying to locate the (unhinged) hingeless screwdriver.

"Everybody I asked looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about," she said. "Some guy at Best Buy told me, "But, ma'am, ALL screw drivers are hingeless."

It was probably a "cordless" screwdriver I saw (and what Oogie ended up getting him). But neither she or I recognized that because neither of us knew a wrench from a screwdriver from a hinge!

I won't even go into the Menage a Trois wine I sent her after...

6 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .