Girl at medium large
Tuesday, May 16, 2006, 6:35 PM

I woke up thinking today was Wednesday but it was really only Tuesday. Which is probably better than it actually being Thursday because I'd rather gain a day than lose one. Embarrassing things happen when I lose days, like people laughing at me and talking to me like I'm in the early stages of Alzheimer's.

Like you might expect in a wonderful weather city jam-packed with beautiful people, my walks to and from work are usually filled with some sort of adventure. (Lotta people = lotta schstuff.) Today I dug my camera out of the bottom of my bag to snap the aftermath of a mild car accident, two MINI Coopers, my feet next to a newspaper with the word suspense on it, and other various shots of the streets hereabouts. I haven't figured out how to neatly insperse photos with text here at Blogger, or I'd show some more crappy photos. As it is, I think I'll only be uploading one photo per entry. Signs of WeHo.

The WeHo sign o' the day is my reflection in a store window. Enjoy. Squint if you like.

On my walks to and fro, I see lots of woofballs. Today I stopped two men (both cute, but it wasn't them who stopped me in my tracks) to ask what kind of dog was prancing at their feet. As they were walking along, the little black squirt on four legs was darting off the sidewalk into the grass and once, up the ramp of one of the cafe restaurants I pass.

"He's a mini Doberman Pinscher, but he thinks he's big," the guy holding the leash said.

I bwahahahahed in the face of that ill-disguised warning and bent down to the jumbo-sized Budweiser beer can dog. "Hey, sweetie," I cooed and let him him sniff my hand. His nose was dark and wet and I wanted to squeeze his muzzle, or pull a whisker. What a cutie! I've never seen a wee Doberman Pinscher. Sure wish I'd had the camera out then. What's wrong with me?

Later on during my adverturesome walk, a man parked alongside the road stepped out of his car and said, "This guy just hit my car."

At first I thought he was talking to me, but then I saw the cell phone pressed to the side of his ear. No one wears ear rings here, they wear cell phones. So I walked on and after I passed his and the other car edging (poorly, I guess) into the space behind him, I turned and snapped a photo. Just in case, you know? But I suck with a camera. The photo would never be admitted as evidence in a case of law.

I'm keeping my day job.

2 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .