Whine and Dance
Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 7:22 PM

You know, I like learning new things and doing new things, but it's rough on this wee brain of mine. I get home after work at night and I don't feel like sitting at another computer. Answering e-mails? Too much commitment. They sit in my in box for for days, quivering with eyebrows arched expectantly, unreplied. I'm sorry. I'll get to you, just as soon as the aliens return my skeleton (can't type without it).

Right now, I'm paying the next door neighbor.

I read the CNN.com article about The worst songs of all time, part II. It's pretty funny. Long as all get out--I had to go pee before finishing it, fah cripe's sake--but while reading voter's slams on the worst songs, I was like huh-UH, I loved that song! Here are the top most hated five:

5. Seasons in the Sun, Terry Jacks (No. 1 for three weeks, 1974)
I love, love, loved this song as a kid. We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. What's not to like? It's fun, it's upbeat, and I'm partial to men singing. I still love it.

4. I've Never Been to Me, Charlene (No. 3, 1982)
This song used to puzzle me because I didn't understand why a person would want to visit herself and wouldn't going to Hawaii be better? I liked the song, though. I like whiney songs. They make me tear up, even if I don't know what I'm tearing up about.

3. You Light Up My Life, Debby Boone (No. 1 for 10 weeks, 1977)
I used to sing this in the shower all the time. Next to I am stuck on Band-Aid and the Oscar Meyer weiner song, You Light Up My Life was always a favorite choice.

2. Muskrat Love, The Captain and Tennille (No. 4, 1976)
I didn't know what a muskrat was, never even thought this was a song about animals doing the deed. Nope, I thought it was The Captain and Tennille's own special sexual dance of love. I giggled lots.

1. (You're) Having My Baby, Paul Anka (No. 1 for three weeks, 1974)
I love this song still and I'm never going to have a baby for a man, but I can still sigh over the mushy feelings a guy can have about his woman giving him a baby. It's a good song.

I'm off to listen to my fouldy oldie 70s tunes.

3 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .