Froot Loop Girl on the Mountain
Monday, December 18, 2006, 6:51 PM

So I took this online quizlet, even though I swore off of them a long time ago after the Stinky Butt Bunny virus-that-ate-the-hard-drive fiasco, because I had the burning urge to find out what kind of box of cereal I’d be if I was a box of cereal. (It’s been a long day.) It turns out that I am Honeycomb--I am the dorky looking blond girl who tried to lure other kids away from Cap’n Crunch. But really, I don’t care for either of these cereals. I think I’m more of a Golden Graham or Froot Loops kind of girl.

It rained this weekend in LA. It was windy and cold and gray. Perfect weather for holing up at home with books, movies and wine. Only I didn’t do that. I went to Big Bear instead, where it snowed and was really cold. If you click here, you can see the webcam of the Fawnskin area at the top of the mountain, near where we were. It's fresh snow, compliments of Mother Nature this past Saturday.

My lips got chapped, I almost fell on an icy road, and my nose hairs froze. I haven’t had to stomp the snow off my shoes in over a year-and-a-half. I’d almost forgotten how to scrape snow off a car’s windshield. But man, was it beautiful. All those mountains against a blue sky, white snow, skeleton trees, wind that rings like crystal in your ears. Put me right in the mood for Christmas, it did. Which means I have to go and finish my shopping now.

2 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .