Hero
Thursday, December 28, 2006, 4:33 PM

Every calendar’s days are numbered

The days after Christmas are always a bit of a letdown for me. All that hype, all the build-up and talk about past miracles, human sacrifice and – well, whatever it is. I still love it all, even though I’m not a kid anymore and I’m not physically close to my family. I guess I’ve always expected that a miracle will happen. That I’ll be a part of it somehow, that I’ll know it and feel like I’m alive for a reason.

Little Girl Andi imagines she could somehow save a small piece of the world and be hero for a day. Adult Andi thinks about how she could make a difference in just one person’s life and know that that is enough for a long time afterward, maybe forever. The real Andi (whoever she is, I rarely have much interaction with her) hopes that one day she realizes she is her own hero. She figures it’s like Morpheus told Neo in The Matrix: There’s more than just knowing the path. It’s WALKING the path.

I have no idea what I’m trying to communicate, although it’s probably a parody of soul searching since the New Year is almost here. Like usual, though, I will resist the idea of making a resolution that I’ll only break later.

I wouldn’t mind wearing a cape, though.

4 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .