Last month of post slackerdom
Saturday, September 08, 2007, 8:15 PM

I've decided to do National Novel Writer's Month this November. I have an outline and a chapter one finished, although that's technically breaking the rules. But it's not so important to me that I adhere to the rules, as long as I'm cranking the words out despite fatigue, boredom, hunger and plain ole lack of motivation. If I can press forward through all of that for 30 days, I'll finally be able to call myself a writer without feeling a pang of regret.

I'm going to get into the writer's mode by posting at least a 500-word entry here every day during the month of October, with little-to-no regard that the post has to be interesting, fun or well worth the electronic space taken. This will be my toughest challenge during NaNoWriMo; to keep writing forward even though the words that have gone before may be weak and cause debilitating brainburn from which I'm unable to recover. (One excuse of my many. And I loathe excuses. They make me look weak and whiney.) It's easy to give in to almost any other temptation, to think there's nothing good on the page, to not bother working past it or on it or through it.

I've never made myself do that before. Not even here on my blog.

Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. ~Stephen King

Well, I'm ready.

Almost ready.

6 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .