Best call-out excuse for work EVER
Saturday, December 15, 2007, 10:23 AM

My sister isn't going to work today. It would be her second day on a NEW job, but she called out. And her new employers? They totally understand.

"I gave a child up for adoption nineteen years ago," she told her supervisor. "He called me this morning because he found some photos with a letter I wrote to him when he was two days old. He wants to meet me. I can't stop crying."

It gets better.

Her new supervisor also gave a child up for adoption and has been looking for that child for years without success. So my sister and the supervisor were both crying two minutes into the call.

I can't believe it myself. My sister had one child, then had the one she gave up for legitimate, personal reasons, then had two more children. She's always been worried about what that child would feel. Why did she give me up when she kept the others? I get a lump in my throat thinking about it and that's just a tiny spec of the hell she probably felt.

She is thrilled beyond anything, and so is the son she gave up. You see? Just when you think you can't take one more horrible thing on top of another--especially when it's during the holidays--an unexpected miracle can happen.

You don't even have to believe in miracles.

And NOW I am in the holiday spirit.

4 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .