Obsession personified
Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 7:10 PM

What's a self-professed Twihard girl to do when the characters from the books won't get the frell out of her mind?

Write fan fiction, of course.

~*~*~*~
If you haven't read Breaking Dawn yet and don't want to be spoiled, stop reading now.



Yep, now.



Now would be good.
~*~*~*~

Ever since reading Breaking Dawn in August, I've felt cheated.

Stephenie Meyer did a hair-yanking, pulse-pounding wonderful job (for me) fanning the slow burning build up of sexual tension between Edward and Bella during the first three books. Bella damn near faints after kissing Edward in Twilight. He gives her the first really dangerous kiss in New Moon. And then there's a body temperature raising scene involving hips in Eclipse.

So like any hot-blooded girl with more imagination than sense, I was counting on the pay-off in Breaking Dawn. Hungering for it, okay?

When that scene came, when Edward and Bella are finally naked and standing together in tropical water just a wee bumpy boat ride from the coast of Rio...Edward pulls her deeper into the water and the honeymoon scene goes white before anything goes down.

!!!

I've been fighting an irresistible compulsion to write their honeymoon scene ever since. I gave in to it two days ago. (Don't waste your time telling me how absurd I am for writing fan fiction. Trust me, I already know.)

The piece, which is called Unglued, is a oneshot because it's just one chapter and covers one scene/one moment, is just over 3500 words. I had such a blast writing it. I squealed, I giggled, I cried. I buried my face in my hands.

I had to take my socks off because I got so hot.

And, well, I haven't felt those kind of emotions as a writer in far too long.

So I haven't been writing here, but I have been writing and I feel all yaay-times-one-hundred about that. Now that my first piece is done, I'm itching to write another.

I guess Bella and Edward and the rest of the Cullens aren't going anywhere for a while...

Labels: ,


12 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .