Smokin' rich
Friday, June 02, 2006, 8:40 PM

A couple of nights ago, two women argufied loud enough to scare crickets and man alike.

I turned down my TV at the time to better hear what was going on. Why not? If they were going to scream their dirty laundry at the four winds, I might as well get the full scope. As far as I could tell, the main jist of the argument was cigarette smoking and money. One girl smokes too many and the other makes too much.

And ... dirty word, dirty word, dirty word interspersed with bang, bang, bang! (Must've been the door. Over and over, just like Oogie would make me do when I slammed the door as a kid. God, it was so humiliating doing that, having to open and close the door quietly. Not once, but 20 times.) Someone slammed it closed one time after another.

I've never heard a lover's quarrel between two females before.

What annoyed me was the sound of the one girl's voice. She argued like she was on stage. Oh, she was effen pissed, but she gave her voice inflections, she emphased certain phrases. Not words, but phrases. Like, "Yeah, I make more money than you, damn it." And, "You always want a fucking cigarette."

I wanted to choke her and laugh while I was doing it.

I couldn't hear the other girl's words. She must have been the beta.

I have to say, though, that if I'd been two doors closer, I would have wanted a cigarette afterwards.

1 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .