Playing the game
Sunday, March 11, 2007, 6:12 PM

I'm listening to Carly Simon's song, Coming Around Again, and in the song she says there’s more room in a broken heart … more room to fall apart, more room to love, more room to lose, accept and I guess, to hate. And I wonder if this is true. Can I feel more emotions because my heart’s been broken a number of times? I don’t know, but it might be an age thing. The older I get, the more sentimental and weepy I find I get. It’s ridiculous. At the rate I’m going, I’ll be a snot-nosed mess by the time I hit sixty.

I guess this is a good reason why people say a girl needs to find a guy to love her before she gets too old—so when he sees her at the age of sixty bawling over the frayed edge of her favorite kitchen towel, he’ll mop up the snot on her chin without a flinch … because he remembers doing the same thing for her when she was thirty and lost her marbles over that Liberty Mutual TV commercial. Hmmm, maybe I should date, before it’s too late.

Nah. Maybe next year.

~*~*~*~

I know nothing stays the same
But if you're willing to play the game
It's coming around again
So don't mind if I fall apart
There's more room in a broken heart

Want to hear it?

2 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .