Saturday morning snapshot
Saturday, January 24, 2009, 9:47 AM

You know, I have tons of ideas to write about until I actually sit here and try to do it.

Arrested Development's Everyday People


It's raining here in Los Angeles, but the sound is like someone taking a forever leak. It's just a drizzle and it keeps going and going, so I dreamed all night long about having to go pee. Very frustrating. But I won't complain (much) because it beats having a nightmare.

On tap for today is housework and more writing. I've committed myself to writing onward on my piece called A Forever Moment. After I finish the pieces, I throw them up on fan fiction dot net, otherwise known as the writer's answer of instant gratification. I was iffy about doing this, but figured if I was writing Twilight fan fiction, there really wasn't any reason not to because I'm not just writing for me.

Unlike my first fic, Unglued (my idea of the honeymoon scene), A Forever Moment isn't as successful. It hasn't got near the hits Unglued has (over 600 on ff.net and almost 2000 at Twilighted). More people have put me on writer alert so they'll be notified when I post again, but this piece? I get the feeling they read the first few sentences, gag and click off. Which really surprises the crap out of me because there are hundreds of honeymoon scenes out there (I didn't know this until after I wrote Unglued) and nothing that I've come across is like what I wrote about in AFM. I'll have a better idea once the story goes up on Twilighted, the inclusive, high-quality fan fiction site. *giggle*

On Friday, I had to call the Lincoln Financial Group, which is based in Fort Wayne, where I grew up. I was so excited, you would have thought I'd just sucked in a balloon's helium. My question about how the weather was in Fort Wayne lead to all kinds of questions from the guy on the other end, and before I knew it, we were chatting like long lost friends. I learned he graduated in 1983, went to South Side, was married with two kids, one who was getting married next month in Beverly Hills...and was it really a three-and-a-half hour ride from the airport to Beverly Hills?

Um, not unless they arrive in Burbank and miss that left turn at Albuquerque.

Labels: ,


10 Did the Unhingey Jiggy Engage in Unhingenosity
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .